Monday, January 3, 2011

Getting into shape for rugby

Hi everyone,

I have decided to get my body into strong enough condition to start playing games of rugby. I want to compete at something and rugby seems like a good hard and rough sport. Those guys seems to be in great condition as well so I thought I should get into that kind of shape. I train at a gym and the cool thing about that is they write up a program for you based on what you want to achieve and for me initially it was the ability to throw faster punches and kicks in martial arts but after I went they I discovered that apparently I have really bad cardio but I am very energetic and technically have the body of a 23 year (which is cool because I am 27). So I started training full pelt. I have really been enjoying their training program as it combines both hard and soft training and the grinder is a killer.

I do kempo 2 days a week and ninjutsu one day a week and I also train at the gym and my health appears to be greatly improving but I want to compete in something so that I can push myself to the limit and I think rugby would be great. So I am going to go back to the gym next week and get them to right me up a program for rugby. I also bought the book Complete Conditioning for Rugby (Complete Conditioning for Sports Series) of amazon (always check out betterworld.com as well as they sometimes have better deals when finding books) because it had really good reviews so I can't wait for it to arrive and then start training hard.

It's gonna be sweet. Remember people. Life is about pushing yourself to limit. Always seek to better yourself in everyway shape and form and push to be the best you can be. It's like bruce lee said "When you reach the top of a mountain climb yet another".

Gman Signing Out

No comments:

Post a Comment