Monday, March 28, 2011

Just started learning how to play the guitar again

Hi everyone, Years ago when I was 16 I used to take guitar lessons and I loved it. I only had lessons for 6 months but it was one of the few things in life that would never bore me so I practised like there was no tomorrow but after 6 months my guitar teaches was planning to move so he couldn't teach me any more and even though he gave me the number of another teacher I guess that I was too embarrassed so I sort of gave it up.

It's something that I sorely regret but no point living in the past. Any ways due to re emergence of my love for power metal I have decided that I will begin learning how to play the guitar again and will be trying to do it in the shortest time possible with the intentions of possibly starting a power metal /hardcore punk band cause I love both genres of music well more the power metal but some of my all time favourite bands like Clawfinger and Rise Against are hardcore punk (well rise against is melodic hardcore which I think it a sub genre of hardcore punk anyway).

So to that end I have started practising, I whipped out my old copy of Progressive Guitar Method - Book 1 Deluxe Color Edition and started playing the examples. I am practising lots in the hopes I can do this very quickly. After I finish that book and can play everything in it really well I am planning to get Progressive Guitar Method, Book 2: Intermediate and then finally after I finish that I can move onto the more fun stuff by getting Progressive Heavy Metal Techniques for Lead Guitar and also planning to get How to Play Metal Guitar: The Basics and Beyond (How to Play Series) as it had great reviews.

To that end I have bought an electronic guitar tuner from ebay so that I can get my strings to be in tune (as I used to rely on my guitar teacher to do that). I am still deciding about whether or not I should get a guitar teacher but for now I would just like to do it myself for now.

I also have a keyboard which appears to be used by some bands like Firewind so after I master the guitar my starting learning how to use the keyboard as well.

Oh by the way if any one has any ideas on how to speed up the learning process for my learning it would be appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment