Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Why the music you listen to can have an effect on your mental state.

Now while I am not going to get into conspiracy theories about this stuff (like some people do and some political parties as well) I myself have found that the music I listen to actually affects the way I look at the world around me.

Remember that music affects us psychologically and the type of music that you listen to can actually affect how you fill and in turn how you perceive the world around you which in turn can make you into a pessimist or an optimist. Now while I like most of these genre's of music myself it's wise to try to stay away from them and substitute them for other types of music:

  1. Metal and Heavy Metal (The Satanic stuff which you should substitute with Epic and Power Metal)
  2. Gangsta Rap (Substitute with Hip Hop)
  3. Alternative (Well not all alternative but just the negative stuff)
Now while I myself occasionally listen to this music I have found that it causes me to feel bad now while this may not be the case for everyone you should be honest with yourself about this and even you may love some of this type of music just remember that if you listen to music that talks about shooting people and taking drugs your probably not going to have a very positive outlook on the world around you now are you.

Not saying to ban the stuff all together but just don't get to into it if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment